Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Master Cleanse - 10 Days Down, (Almost) No More To Go

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Master Cleanse - 10 Days Down, (Almost) No More To Go

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
 - Robert McCloskey

Hi!  May you have a grandiose morning and an even better day!

Day #11.  I'm done with lemonade but not quite done yet.  Today is the beginning of a three day run back to solid foods again. 

Yesterday I mentioned it was OJ and miso soup on the agenda today.  I tossed all of my dashi from the cupboards when I converted to vegetarianism (it contains bonita fish flakes).  Hmm... what to do?  I researched and found that there are many forms of dashi (seaweed/bonita, seaweed, shiitake, etc.) 

While at the office today, Mother Nature is going to help me with an experiment.  I've added some dried shiitake mushroom and wakame (seaweed) into a sun tea jar.  Instead of arriving home and steeping the flavors from these culinary gems, why not use solar power instead? 

I'll let you know how it goes.  The shiitake-wakame dashi is but the basis for the miso soup.  Oh yeah... no tofu or solids in tonight's soup.  It'll be just fresh homemade miso broth.  Cannot wait!!!  What a nice way to begin the trip back to real eating. 

0.6 lb loss for me on day #11.  That's the same as yesterday's loss. And it's 24.2 lbs in just ten days.

Hi-dee hi-dee yes-it-was-quite-doable-ho my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment