Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Reuben Pizza

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Reuben Pizza

You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six.
 - Yogi Berra

Well, hello there and thanks for taking some time to look at my blog.

Reuben Pizza
This day's pseudo discourse evolves around one of my personal culinary items, pizza.  Who doesn't love pizza?  It's simple and has countless enumerations of ingredients and combinations.  Today I introduce the lacto-vegetarian Reuben Pizza.  After all, there was some sauerkraut and Tiffany's 1,001 Island dressing in the refrigerator.

Let's be upfront and honest about today's endeavor, okay?  This is a lunchtime project and I'm limited in time.  This project has to be done and ready to consume in, let us say, 15-minutes or so?  Yes my friend, it can be done.  It can and it was.  I cheated somewhat on two fronts.  First, I elected to use whole wheat Naan bread instead of making dough from scratch.  Second, I used my Pizzazz kitchen appliance to bake the pizza.  Both decisions saved me precious time.  Up there with my Blendtec, the Pizzazz rates mighty high on the must-have kitchen appliance hierarchy.

Naan bread, 1,001 Island dressing, cheese, and sauerkraut
INGREDIENTS:
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Top Naan bread with dressing, covering entire surface.
  2. Cover evenly with drained sauerkraut.
  3. Top evenly with fresh mozzarella.
  4. Top with shredded cheese covering entire surface.
  5. Cook on Pizzazz for 12-minutes, the first 4-minutes top & bottom setting and remaining 8-minutes top surface only setting.
  6. Slice, serve and enjoy.  2 servings.
Naan crust topped with Tiffany's 1,001 Island dressing
Then topped with sauerkraut and fresh mozzarella
Topped with shredded cheese and on Pizzazz
Make one today and you will be eating a warm, gooey, and cheesy Reuben pizza!  I enjoyed my lunch today.  How about you?  Of what culinary treasure did you partake?

Nutrition per serving (1/2 piece)
Hi-dee hi-dee keep-thinking-outside-of-that-culinary-box-ho my friend!

Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment