Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Vegetable Soup

Friday, June 24, 2011

Vegetable Soup

"I'm sick of 'Soup of the day'.  It's time we made a decision.  I want to know that the 'Soup from now on' is!"
 - Mitch Hedberg

Hello everyone!  Peek your head outside the front door.  Is this not going to be a most wonderful day, or what?

A Vegetarian Tale - Vegetable Soup

Today's blog?  How about a rave review of someone else's blog for a change?  Specifically... how about I share what another blogger has shared with me, a most wonderfully delicious Vegetable Soup recipe?  Jill over at A Vegetarian Tale turned me onto this soup.  Here's the link to her wonderful blog site, A Vegetarian Tale.  Here is the Vegetable Soup recipe of which I brag and offer both my kudos and thanks.

I know, I know.  There are millions of great vegetable soup recipes.  Well folks... this is one of them!  I love the simplicity, the health and the absolute 2-die-4 taste.  Make some yourself and you will most certainly agree.  

Me?  I substituted garbanzo beans for the mixed beans only because it's what I had on-hand.  I also substituted 2 tsp dried for 2 Tbsp fresh thyme and 2 tsp dried for 2 Tbsp fresh parsley.  Again, I hadn't any fresh herbs on-hand.

Nutrition per 1 cup serving

I'm a nut for soup.  I could eat it every day.  Mmm... I had a bowl yesterday at lunch and Tiffany will be packing me another for lunch today.  Thank you Jill!  This recipe is most definitely a winner.

Hi-dee hi-dee click-and-explore-the-blogosphere-today-ho my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment