Credit: Veg For Life
This cheddar-style spread is sharp, tangy and rich. It's reminiscent of the aged spreads found in small, brown pottery crocks in gourmet restaurants and specialty food shops.
Why do I absolutely love this recipe? It could not be easier to make. It tastes delicious and is excellent with crackers or as a sandwich spread. OMG! And look at the calories (see below). Vegan, healthy, and low-calorie.
- 1/2 pound regular tofu (firm), rinsed, patted dry, and crumbled
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp light miso
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
|Miso, tahini, and tofu|
|Nutritional yeast flakes|
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and process until very smooth. Stop the processor occasionally to stir the mixture and scrape the sides of the work bowl.
|Raw ingredients in food processor|
|Cuisinart does its job|
2. Spoon the mixture into a storage container and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. It will keep for about a week in the refrigerator.
|2 cup Pyrex dish contains caloric gold|
Yield: 2 cups
|Nutrition per tablespoon|