Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Wine Tasting - French Maid Cabernet Sauvignon 2010

Friday, May 18, 2012

Wine Tasting - French Maid Cabernet Sauvignon 2010

"Every day is your birthday.  Instead of an annual celebration, it's simply a daily celebration."

Salutations and cordial greetings of the sincerest kind my friend.  May this day bring a smile upon your face and pleasant thoughts in your memory.

Tiffany & I had maid service the other day.  However, this was a French Maid who arrived in a green bottle with a red label. This was another $5.00 mark-down from Eat More ProduceAndy is trying to make room for some new vino choices and has to make some room.  If it's been sitting around for some time, it's time to mark it down from their already ridiculously low prices.  Lucky Chucky, thrifty Tiffany!

Chucky's Point Score:  87
Tiffany's Point Score:  88

French Maid Cabernet Sauvignon 2010

Appellation:  Vin de Pays D'Oc, France
Grape Varietal(s):  100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Price:  $5.00 at Eat More Produce
Vintage:  2010
Producer:  French Maid
Alcohol:  13.0%

Tasting notes as follows.

Chucky's Tasting Sheet

Chucky's Notes:  "The initial indication on my nose is the smell of atypical French Cab.  The initial taste onto my palate confirms this and proves this to be a well-balanced wine.  Delicious elegant berry delivers a smoky after taste.  Outstanding!  Trust me... You will not find a nice Cab at $5.00.  :)  The epitome of this Cab is terrior, terrior, terrior."

Tiffany's Tasting Sheet

Tiffany's Notes:  "Bouquet is somewhat soft, but inviting!  Love the eucalyptus on the nose.  Initial sip I found the tannins to be high although this wind finishes with a delicious dark fruitiness!  Each sip became smoother & smoother. What a delightful bargain once again from 'Eat More Produce'!"

From the label:

"Cabernet Sauvignon... so noble, proud and temptingly rich especially when indulged by the rich dark soils of the south of France, long satisfying winters and luxurious summers with cool Mediterranean breezes.  Carefully nurtured from vine to bottle, French Maid has blossomed into a stunning expression of what the French call terroir... and what we cal Ooh-La-La."

I'll be honest my friend.  Tiffany and I did not find French Maid Cab anything extraordinary.  But, what might one expect from a wine at this price point?  That being said, it was indeed a Cabernet Sauvignon worthy of your hard-earned dollars.  It is tasty, has a classic Old World taste on the palate, and was quite inviting.

I don't wish my words to become misconstrued.  If I were to hold a party I would have no reservations serving this vino to my friends and family.  Tiffany and I both said during our taste testing, "This would make a fabulous house wine for a restaurant!"

Hi-dee hi-dee Cab-is-fab-ho my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment