Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Tofuffalo Sandwich

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tofuffalo Sandwich

"Red lights do nothing more than impede the flow of traffic!"

Salutations my fine friend!  Yes it's another day but that's no reason it cannot be a better one that the last.

Tofuffalo Sandwich.
No animals were harmed in the making of this sandwich.

Today is a simple little post.  Basically I found myself staring at a block of extra firm sprouted tofu in the refrigerator that was nearing its time.  Rather than see it spoil and become compost fodder, I thought that I should do something with it.  It was a weekend and I just finished entertaining some company.  I was tired and didn't feel like getting too creative.  Sometimes simple is just better.  

I really wasn't sure how it would come out but felt certain that it could not possibly be terrible.  Why not crumble the tofu into a cast iron skillet and cook it over medium heat until browned.  Remove it from the skillet, add it into a container and add in some Frank's RedHot sauce.  Mix it up and allow it to marinade overnight.

Grill a whole wheat bun, spread on some of the tofu in hot sauce, add some blue cheese crumbles and keep some bean sprouts on the side.  Wallah!  We have an easy, simple, nutritious, and low-fat lunch.

Tofu & hot sauce, blue cheese, and fresh sprouts on a whole wheat bun.

At the office today it could not have been any easier.  I simply tossed the sandwich into the microwave for 45-seconds, topped it with fresh sprouts and thoroughly enjoyed my tasty lunch.  I can hardly wait for another one tomorrow.  It was tasty and satisfied my pre-vegetarian Buffalo Wings craving.

Isn't it strange how sometimes the simplest things have the most incredible taste?  Peanut butter sandwich, grilled cheese sandwich, and now the Tofuffalo sandwich.

Hi-dee hi-dee keep-it-simple-and-keep-thinking-outside-that-culinary-box-ho my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment