Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Return to Polonia Polish Restaurant, Longwood, Florida

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Return to Polonia Polish Restaurant, Longwood, Florida

"Guilt is the price we pay willingly for doing what we are going to do anyway."

Hi everyone!  Welcome to what I believe may very well be an exceptional week!

Know how to make Tiffany & Chucky smile?  I'll tell you how... Simply answer, "No.  As a matter of fact, we do sell the beer to go." when asked whether Polonia Polish Restaurant sells that most wonderful Żywiec (
zhi-vets) porter beer.  And we're not done yet!  How about $21 a six-pack?  That's only $3.50 per beer!!!  If I had to venture to guess, I'm estimating that a pint of bottle European import at Total Wine & More runs around $7 to $10 per bottle.  Absolutely amazing price on what I believe to be one of the most delicious beers to be found on this planet.  Find me a 9.5% alcohol-content beer that does not taste of alcohol and I'll show you a Żywiec porter beer.

I'm going to allow my pictures to speak for me as follows:

All you can eat Challah bread included with every meal.

Fried onion rings appetizer - $4.99.  Oops... someone has already eaten 1/2!

Kluski noodles in garlic butter appetizer - $3.99.

Pierogi entree - $8.99.  1/2 potato & cheese, 1/2 spinach & cheese.
Crap!  Someone has already eaten two of ‘em
before I had a chance to snap this photograph

Second round!  One Tatra and one Warka please.
Round one?  Two Żywiec porters, of course.

Chocolate cheesecake dessert - $4.99.
Again… Who ate half of it before’
I had a chance to snap this photograph?

12 pierogi to go (sauerkraut & mushroom) - $9.99.
Er… you have to be over 18 to view the 6-pack
of Żywiec Porter ($21.00) that we purchased to go.


But... This meal came with a price. Tiffany and I combined our lunch, wine sipping, snacking and dinner into this single fabulous Polonia Polish Restaurant event!  This might very well become a weekly event.  Guess what has quickly become our favorite dining establishment?  But, sadly, Polish food isn't synonymous with healthy food.  It's going to cost Tiffany and I several other meals, extra exercise, and some reduce calorie eating.  Pssst... It's every calorie worth it!

Hi-dee hi-dee I-can-love-me-some-authentic-Polish-cooking-and-baking-ho my friend!

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a haul, and one I'd be happy to indulge in. We have lots of Polish shops/deli's in the U.K, but I have to say I have not seen pierogi suitable for veggies, so I may just have to make some from scratch one of these days. Happy eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you've got me a little scared Shaheen. Are you suggesting that pierogi aren't typically vegetarian or that they simply don't have the vegetarian versions (potato, sauerkraut, spinach) available in the U.K.? I know that they're not vegan (milk, egg, cheese) but simply assumed them to be vegetarian.

    BTW... these are just about the only things we can eat at Polonia. With exception of potato cakes and pierogi, there are no other entrees that don't include meat.

    Ha! I'm gaining weight just by revisiting my pictures! LOL

    Thanks for posting the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete