Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Wine Tasting - Nalewka Babuni Cherry

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wine Tasting - Nalewka Babuni Cherry


"To know that we know what we know, and to know that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge."
A glass of my finest sincere wishes to everyone this fine day!  Sip it, don't gulp it down in a single swallow.

Let's share something yummy today, why don't we?  Neither Tiffany nor I are much for the conventional liqueurs unless blended with a white bubbly wine.  In most instances it's simply too syrupy and burns the throat with high alcohol content.

This Polish dessert wine is not one of these "conventional liqueurs".  Instead, it's more wine-like, elegantly sweet and the epitome of smooth.  Granted, it's not something which you would want to drink too much of during a seating.  You'd probably get a sugar rush and gain belly real estate as you sit drinking the stuff!

Chucky's Point Score:  91
Tiffany's Point Score:  90

Nalewka Babuni Cherry & nut roll slice

Appellation:  Poland
Grape Varietal(s):  Not applicable
Retail Price:  $13.49 @ Total Wine & More
Vintage:  unknown
Producer:   Nalewka
Alcohol:  18 %
Calories:   > 104 per 4 ounces.  Psst... don't drink 4 ounces per serving, okay?

Tasting notes as follows.

Chucky's Tasting Notes

Chucky's Notes:  "Yummy!  If you love the taste of maraschino cherry or the inside of a chocolate covered cherry, this is the wine for you!  Doesn't taste like alcohol as I had expected.  Absolutely delicious!  Can't wait to try the peach, honey, and raspberry flavors!"

Tiffany's Tasting Notes

Tiffany's Notes:  "Excellent dessert wine!  Normally not my style of wine, but this is super smooth!  It's very warming going down my system to my belly, yet so smooth!  Just had a bite of Polish nut roll, which brought out even more sweetness in this wine!  Like drinking a cherry & white chocolate candy bar!  Love it!  What a great value!"

The label simply reads as follows:

"(Sorry.  Nothing available on the bottle to share with you.)"

The web site reads as follows:

"(Sorry.  I neither speak nor read Polish.) 
 (Przepraszam. I ani mówić, ani czytać polską.)"

Much to each others surprise, Tiffany and I thoroughly enjoyed this wine.  Yes, it could have been the slice of a nut roll that we purchased at Polonia Polish Restaurant's deli but it wasn't that alone.

I would have been terribly guilt-ridden had I not measured the nut roll slice and limited myself to but approximately an ounce of this liquid cherry treasure.  Trust me... it's liquid cherry dream in a bottle!  Oh yeah... When we finish this particular wine I shall be the owner of a most beautiful salad dressing bottle.  I can picture Tiffany's 1,001 Island Dressing inside the empty vessel.

Hi-dee hi-dee try-some-dessert-wine-the-next-time-that-you-are-having-dessert-ho my friend.

1 comment:

  1. Thats a poppy-seed roll! :D makoviec! I want to try this wine now.

    ReplyDelete