Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Smoky Potato Wedges

Friday, September 9, 2011

Smoky Potato Wedges

"The man who has not anything to boast of but his illustrious ancestors is like a potato, the only good belonging to him is under ground."

Hello my friend.  May your day be simply wonderful and end with but one simple word, "Wow!"

Yepperz.  You guessed it.  Chucky and Tiffany have found but another spectacular recipe.  Oh, how I have missed potato logs and French fries way back when I gave up frying.  Then I happened upon a recipe for "Smoky Potato Wedges" (page 131) in my recently purchased copy of "The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions".

Smoky Potato Wedges (Russet and Sweet varieties)

I'm not a liberty to share the recipe (you know... that copyright material and plagiarizing thing).  However, I can assure you that this recipe alone is worth the price of this book.  When I open this cookbook I can see oh so many recipes in my future.  It's not a cookbook.  It's a crystal ball of what Chucky and Tiffany will be making soon.

In a nutshell, it's basically potato, vinegar, seasoning and starch.  The results are amazing.  Crispy, tasty and crunchy on the outside and delicious baked potato within.  Oh?  An added bonus?  Chucky gets to use his newly acquired Infra Chef halogen oven!  Like a kid in a knife store, Chucky was bouncing off of the kitchen walls.

Infra Chef halogen oven in action.  Culinary poetry in motion?

Know what I have come to determine with this vegetarian conversion and emphasis on healthy dishes?  I quite often find that the simply, the tastier and better.  It doesn't have to be difficult, full of complex ingredients, or take a lot of time to be simply delicious.

Hi-dee hi-dee yes-Virginia-healthy-can-indeed-be-tasty-ho my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment