Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Mashed Potato Quesadilla

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mashed Potato Quesadilla

"My friend said to me, You know what I like?  Mashed potatoes.  I was like, Dude, you have to give me time to guess.  If you're going to quiz me, you have to insert a pause."

A plethora of my finest salutations to you my friend.  May you share at least one of them with another who crosses your path this day.


Multi-grain tortillas filled with mashed potato,
chopped cilantro, Boca crumbles, and
shredded Queso cheese.

Tiffany had a most excellent solution on how to finish up some mashed potatoes from holiday celebration #2 that we enjoyed on Saturday.  This was the day that we celebrated Christmas with her family.


Ready to cook


Many thanks go out to Olga at Wrap Planet for seeding this idea into our little plastic bubble-headed minds.  It's her delicious potato tacos that sprouted this ideal in Tiffany's mind.

3 minutes later and ready to cut

SERVINGS:  1 (6 pieces)

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2  10" multi-grain tortilla shells
  • 1/4 cup mashed potato
  • 1 ounce shredded Queso cheese
  • 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
  • Sprinkle Boca crumbles (optional)
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Not gonna do it.  Not gonna do it.  If you can't fill two tortilla shells and simply heat it up then you don't have business in a kitchen.
Dinner is served!  Bring on the salsa & hot sauce.

Incredible!  Delicious and relatively nutritious.  Tiffany and I enjoyed these as our entire meal and enjoyed them totally guilt free.  Experiment!  Try TVP bacon bits, frozen veggies, mushrooms, hummus, hold the cheese, etc.  You really cannot go wrong.


Nutrition - 1 tortilla (6 pieces)


We enjoyed ours with a variety of hot sauces, sliced fresh jalapeno, and hot pepper jellies.  Each bite was wonderful and scrumptious.  I likened them to potato Pierogi in a tortilla.

Hi-dee hi-dee simple-can-be-easy-and-delicious-ho my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment