- Lynda Montgomery
Heralding thoughts of good wishes at you my friend!
What were Tiffany and I up to on this day which I write my blog? Morning chores, afternoon lunch, wine on the back porch, and time to make a batch of Tiffany's 1,001 Island Dressing! We just ran out of the last of it and more needed to be made tonight. Let's give it time for the flavors to meld and come out before enjoying it on a salad tomorrow night.
|No. That's Tiffany's 1,001 Island Dressing in the bottle.|
Now, it would not exactly be fair to claim credit for this treat. It was Chef Velva Peterson, The Virtual Vegan, who offered her vegan version at a Central Florida Earth Day 2011 cooking demonstration.
We simply modified the vegan version that she had created and substituted some Fago 0% Greek yogurt for half of the Vegenaise. In addition, we choose to use Reduced-Fat Vegenaise over the Original Vegenaise. Again, to save many calories. But, by substituting yogurt we have tarnished the "vegan" label that Velva Peterson is able to use.
|Tofu, yogurt, relish, lemon juice, ketchup, Vegenaise, onion, salt & pepper|
- 1/2 cup Reduced-Fat Vegenaise
- 1/2 cup Fago 0% Greek style yogurt
- 1/3 cup Tabasco Ketchup
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 block (1/2 cup) crumbled tofu
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley flake
- Add everything except chopped onions and sweet pickle relish in food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add chopped onions and pulse until finely chopped. Do not over process.
- Unplug food processor and remove blade.
- Add sweet pickle relish and mix.
- Store in containers and place in refrigerator for a few hours (or overnight). This will permit flavors to meld and develop.
- Reuben pizza sauce
- Raw vegetables
|Nutrition per ounce.|
Enjoy! It's delicious and versatile. Tiffany and I have abstained from 1,000 Island dressing for quite some years favoring a healthier dressing choice instead. Now we return to one of our favorite salad dressings... 1,001 Island dressing. Thank you Velva for sharing!
Hi-dee hi-dee make-your-own-dressing-ho my friends.