Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Baked Green Tomatoes

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Baked Green Tomatoes

"It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato.
  - Lewis Grizzard

My sincere salutations spread far and wide!



Our InfraChef halogen oven is doing its thing.

It was time to get out the InfraChef again. I don't recall where but I bumped into a blog post detailing baked green tomatoes. Then I suddenly recalled how delicious and crunchy baked smoky potato wedges are. If the InfraChef can handle potato wedges, why not green tomatoes? And... Lucky for me, Eat More Produce had green tomatoes on sale this week.



What makes pierogies taste even better?

Having a side of baked green tomatoes with them, of course!

I can not recall whose blog site that I found the ideal so I did a quick Google to conclude that simply dredging green tomato slices in bread crumbs should work. No binding agent such as soy milk or potato starch is required.  Simply coat sliced green tomato slices in a bowl of bread crumbs and bake.



Any jealous carivores out there?

Not only were the sliced green tomatoes a delicious addition to dinner but a second batch made for a tasty lunch at the office the following day. Tiffany and I were raving to each other just how perfect the InfraChef fits into our healthy vegetarian lifestyle. Chucky, Tiffany, and the InfraChef halogen oven... We've only just begun.  "But wait!  If you act quickly we will toss in a set of Ginsu knives!..."



Just flipped and ready for another 10-minutes of a halogen tan.

Hi-dee hi-dee Fried-Green-Tomatoes-is-not-just-a-movie-ho my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment