Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: The Metropolitan Opera Live in HD 2011-2012: Anna Bolena

Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Metropolitan Opera Live in HD 2011-2012: Anna Bolena

"An opera begins long before the curtain goes up and ends long after it has come down.  It starts in my imagination, it becomes my life, and it stays part of my life long after I've left the opera house."

Hello my fine friend.  A most marvelous Sunday greeting and wish to you!


O-M-G!  What a wonderful Saturday that Tiffany and I experienced.  Guess what?  It was opening day of the 2011-2012 MET Live in HD season!!!  Lucky Chucky...  The star of the season opener was one of his favorites, Anna Netrebko.  She brings talent, vocal range and enthusiasm beyond belief to each production that she partakes.

Anna Netrebko as Anna Bolena

Where can one watch three world-class Russian opera performers (Anna Netrebko as Anna, Ekaterina Gubanova as Jane, and Ildar Abdrazakov as Henry), playing live in New York City, and singing in Italian all on the same day, on the same stage, in the same performance, and live at your local movie theater?  And... in Dolby surround sound high-definition.  The comfort of the local theater, air-conditioned and live.  Besides the actual performance, I get to see interviews with the performers before and during intermissions.  I also get to see exclusive behind-the-scenes set changes, costume switches, and feel like part of what is really going on to bring the production to me live.


The story?  It's Donizetti's take on the human heartbreak and agony when King Henry VIII decides that Anne Boleyn has to go.  After all, he has to make room for Jane Seymour to arrive into the royal limelight, does he not?  You know... You watched Showtime's "The Tudors" didn't you?  But, of course, Gaetano Donizetti wrote his historical synopsis back in the early 1800's.  Just a wee bit ahead of Showtime, I would venture to guess.

Synopsis

I don't know what to add other than, if you were not one of the lucky ones to watch the performance today, you should go to the MET's web site and see whether there is an encore presentation planned near you!  Trust your friend Chucky... It'll be worth the money.

I'm soooooo happy.  Opera season is back for we 4-foot bubble-headed people!  Check it out.  What is the worst that can happen?  Perhaps a little culture at your personal time's expense?

Hi-dee hi-dee gotta-love-The-Metropolitan-Opera-Live-in-HD-season-performances-ho my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment