Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Great News from Perth, Australia

Monday, July 4, 2011

Great News from Perth, Australia

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.  It is already tomorrow in Australia."

It's my hope and wish that you have nothing short of a simply splendid day!  Greetings everyone.

Hey Chucky!  Haven't we seen this picture before?

Wow!  Where have these past few days gone.  Don't know about you but I had a wonderful Fourth of July if not for simply having a day off from the "software mine" (office).  Okay...  The picture above sure looks familiar Chucky.  My friend, it should because I recently posted it as "Eggs Florentine Pizza".

Guess what?  A most generous Chef Theo Kalogeracos who is the author of the recipe, sent me permission to publish it on my blog!  What a wonderful message to find in my e-mail this fine Fourth of July!  On behalf of myself and my readers, thank you ever so much Chef Kalogeracos!

So with permission from 11,391 miles (18,331 kilometers or 9,898 nautical miles) away in Perth, Australia and the kind generosity & culinary talent of Chef Theo Kalogeracos, I am extremely happy to share the following:

EGGS FLORENTINE PIZZA

Author:  Chef Theo Kalogeracos
Makes:  12 slices
Prep time:  10 minutes
Total time:  20 minutes

Ingredients (Pizza):
  • 3 cups baby spinach
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella
  • 1 11-inch pizza crust
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
Ingredients ("Hollandaise Sauce"):
  • 3 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
  • Freshly ground black pepper
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450°F.  Bring a large pot of water to a boil;  blanch spinach for 1 minute, then drain and squeeze dry with paper towels.  In a medium bowl, combine spinach with garlic and ginger, and season with salt and pepper.
  2. Sprinkle mozzarella over prepared dough, then top with spinach mixture.  Crack eggs onto pizza and bake 7 to 10 minutes or until edges of crust are golden brown.
  3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the hollandaise ingredients until smooth.
  4. Remove pizza from oven, cut into 12 slices, and place on a serving tray.  Top each slice with hollandaise sauce and chives.
Tip:
  • To keep the eggs from sliding around, first use a spoon to press three wells into the cheese and spinach.
Nutrition per slice (with 1 tsp hollandaise sauce):
  • 88 calories, 3g fat, 1g saturated fat, 9g carbs, 6g protein, 1g fiber, 96mg calcium, 1mg iron, 147mg sodium
I hope that you (and family) enjoy this pizza as much as Tiffany and I did.  A delicious change from the ordinary pizza with health kept in mind.  Umm... my stomach growls and my mind reminisces as I type these words.  This pizza recipe can make memories to your taste buds too.  Bon apetit!

Hi-dee hi-dee thank-you-Chef-Theo-Kalogeracos-for-allowing-me-to-share-your-recipe-ho my friend.

1 comment:

  1. I've always liked that quote about australia- it helps this little anxious girl :) Happy late 4th -i had a great one, thanks, hope you did too =)

    ReplyDelete