Three simple letters... O-M-G! Tiffany and I revisited The Loving Hut this past Saturday and found a most tremendous surprise. Their all-you-can-eat buffet is no longer on Sunday but has been changed to Saturday! And, it no longer begins at 3:00 PM but now begins at 11:00 AM.
I kid you not, every single dish on the buffet was totally delicious! In case you missed it in an earlier blog, The Loving Hut is a worldwide vegan restaurant chain. We're lucky enough to have one of the 24 US locations here in Orlando, Florida. They may look at us strangely when two little plastic dolls come strolling into their establishment but they are friendly and made our visit a total delight.
The price? About $10 per person. How can they do it?
|A sampling on Tiffany's plate|
Here is what we found on Saturday's buffet:
- Steamed white rice
- Fried rice, tofu, mushroom and mixed vegetables
- Green salad (iceberg lettuce and fresh spinach)
- Almond flax dressing
- Pasta salad with broccoli, red pepper, and fresh basil in a light sweet sauce
- Steamed cubed tofu with thin onion and shitake mushroom slices in a light cream sauce
- TVP pieces in a Bragg's type seasoning with blanched green beans, red pepper and broccoli
- Stir-fry TVP in a hoisin-like sesame sauce
- Crispy fried rolls with carrot, shredded cabbage, mushroom, tofu, jicama, and bean thread; served with Au Lac (tomato based) dipping sauce on the side
- Cauliflower, broccoli, and long stir-fry tofu strips
- Fried tofu and eggplant in sticky sweet soy sauce
- Soup (ingredients: water, tomato, onion, tofu and fresh basil)
- Watermelon pieces
- Mini muffins - carrot cake and banana nut flavors
Tiffany had water but I had to have my favorite Asian beverage, hot chrysanthemum tea (extra charge, of course).
Every single dish was tasty, fresh and healthy. After we ate, arrived home, sat on the back patio, sipped some wine, we discussed our buffet experience. Both Tiffany and I both agree that it's impossible to pick a favorite. Each was a winner in its own right. Nothing was overwhelming or greasy. Each bite was delectable and sang songs of joy upon our palates. If there truly is heaven, then it includes a Loving Hut buffet every day for lunch.
Wish you could have been there! I promise to bring my camera with me on our next visit. The photo above was snatched from the camera phone.
Hi-dee hi-dee Shangri-La-ho my friend!