Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Mmm... Wrap Planet Update

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mmm... Wrap Planet Update

NOTE:  It is with much regret (but many happy memories) that I must report that Wrap Planet is now out of business.

"The embarrassing thing is that the salad dressing is outgrossing my films."
 - Paul Newman

Salutations my friend!  May a smile be imparted upon your face and cloaking your heart all of the day long!

Did someone say Wrap Planet?  "Hey Chucky!  Hey Tiffany!  I thought that ya'll were doing the veggie, nut, and fruit thang right now?"  But, my dear friend... they have salads and smoothies galore!  If you can think of it, perhaps Wrap Planet will make it.

Asian Salad:  fresh lettuce, snow peas, mandarin oranges,
baby corn, red bell peppers, roasted peanuts with sweet
Thai dressing and crispy noodles.  Added tofu.

Visit them and you shall quickly recognize that you're no longer in a conglomerate franchise kingdom, Dorothy.  Simply peruse their impressive menu, click your heels three times, and say to yourself, "There is no place like a genuinely personable dining establishment."  "There is no place like a genuinely personable dining establishment."  "There is no place like a genuinely personable dining establishment."

After you have stopped salivating, wipe the drool from your lips and simply ask Olga if she'll make what your little culinary heart desires.  Within reason, she'll make every effort to create it.  Besides the abundance of wraps, salads, tacos, and smoothies on their menu, they are receptive to customization.  They won't add pin striping to your 1972 Ford Pinto but might make a menu wrap selection into a salad bowl.

Greek Salad:  fresh lettuce, feta cheese, mix Horiatiki
veggies (tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, black olives
and onions (your choice)) tossed with Greek dressing.

Don't want chicken?  Why not substitute hummus?  Who wants animal flesh in their wrap or on their salad anyway?

Tiffany and I just visited Wrap Planet this past weekend post "Operation Reborn Vegetarian".  In an effort to cut calories, we elected to order salads instead of our usual wraps.  Goodness gracious were our salads humongous!  An abundance of lettuce with ingredients and condiments to spare.  Ne'er a bite which did not include some tasty morsel of goodness 'n taste.  Both Tiffany and I walked out completely stuffed!  And... just from a salad. 

The point of today's post?  First and foremost, to share this Winter Park gem with anyone lucky enough to live near Wrap Planet.  But, also to show that our restaurant choice can adjust to our dining changes.  No fancy corporate uniforms and no clowns or kings selling me a burger... just excellent quality food at an excellent price.  I walk in and walk out feeling good.  I've bypassed the corporate giant and allowed my taste buds to experience something delicious.  My hard earned dollars (er... earned dollars) remain local to my community.

Thanks Wrap Planet!  I've said it before, I'm saying it now, and I'll certainly say it again... You rock!

Hi-dee hi-dee support-your-local-dining-establishment-ho my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment