Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Wine Tasting - Chalten Reserva Pinot Noir 2008

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Wine Tasting - Chalten Reserva Pinot Noir 2008

"Light the candles and pour the red wine into your glass.  Before you begin to eat, raise your glass in honor of yourself.  The company is the best you'll ever have."

I tip my glass of wine to you this day my fine friend.  Beware, however, that I only tip my glass.  In no manner am I insinuating that I am willing to share my wine!  Go out, have a fabulous day, be good, attain great, and find your own glass of wine!

One of life's most pleasurable things is to remove the foil, uncork and discover what's inside a bottle of wine.  It's an adult version of a child who opens a wrapped gift.  You really won't know what you have until the package has been unwrapped and the gift tried on for size.  Oh yeah... This wine fits!  It fits like a glove, my friend.

Chucky's Point Score:  88
Tiffany's Point Score:  86

Chalten Reserva Pinot Noir 2008
Grape Varietal(s):  100% Pinot Noir
Price:  $12.99 at Total Wine & More, March 2011
Vintage: 2008
Producer:  Chalten
Alcohol:  14.0%

Tasting notes as follows.


Chucky's Notes:  "Complexity on the nose is only matched by an equally complex taste on the palate.  High tannin and long-lasting ecstasy in my mouth.  Each sip tastes better than the last.  A very unique color looks like rust & strawberry and the slightly tawny color matched with high tannins mean long shelf life.  The grapes used to produce this bottle did not give up their life in vain!  Yummy x 50!"


Tiffany's Notes:  "Enjoy the cherry notes on bouquet & palate, although the this tastes like a very young wine.  A little watered down for my taste, but it is a pleasant, smooth very drinkable delight!  Very elegant wine, but Pinots are not bursting with that bold dark fruitiness I prefer.  I am looking forward to my second glass to see if this wine opens up more."

From the label:

A dry, well-balanced red wine with aromas of cherries and violets.  Perfectly suited to accompany grilled meats and pasta dishes.

This bottle produced a most traditional Pinot Noir taste upon our palates.  Although it's not the big bold reds that we've come to love, Tiffany and I cherished our ability to drink from this bottle and experience the grape varietal.  An elegant and smooth red wine worthy of any dinner party. 

Hi-dee hi-dee wine-varietal-is-the-spice-of-life-ho my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment