Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Eat More Produce Oat Patties

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Eat More Produce Oat Patties

"McDonalds announced it's considering a more humane way of slaughtering its animals.  You know thaty fatten them up and kill them.  You know the same thing they do to their customers, isn't it?"

I humbly extend oodles of my finest well wishes to you my friend.  May you be blessed with a day full of joy, happiness and health.  May the bluebirds of happiness flutter around you the entire day through as you tread lightly and leave a green footprint behind.

What can I say about Eat More Produce other than it's a mecca of healthy food at incredible prices?  Hydroponic vegetables, locally grown produce, locally made jams, freshly made salsa, cage free eggs, bulk grains, excellent wine, and I can go on and on.  And then there are their freshly made oat patties!  It's absolute vegetarian burger nirvana with delicious taste and texture to boot.  No ~ The raviolis are store-bought.  You know... With much regret, the big box type of store.

Eat More Produce Oat Patty Burger with Whole Wheat Ravioli

Kudos to Andy and Troy hiring the masterful chef who creates these most delicious patties!  From what I am able to gather they sell a whole heckuva lot of 'em.  I now find myself apprehensively walking into Eat More Produce fearful that there are no Oat Patties available in the cooler.  I fear that I may have to return another day for my anticipated "oat patty fix".  Hmm... I wonder whether it's possible to have oat patty withdrawals?

The ingredients are listed as:  oatmeal, steel cut oats, Chia seeds, Quinoa, oregano, cayenne, curry, garlic, salt, dried Shitake mushrooms and pepper.  Sounds simple, eh?  But ~ Like any successful recipe, the secret and talent is in the precise proportional blending of ingredients.  Trust me... Eat More Produce's chef has the recipe pinned down to a delicious tee.

Orlando's BEST Handmade Vegetarian Burger Patties.
Psst… They are killer awesome & delicious!

Yes, I could make them myself as I do keep all of these ingredients on-hand.  But at the incredible price of only $3.99 for 2 patties, why?  I'd venture to guess that each patty is approximately 4- to 6-ounces.  You cannot tell from the packaging but they're thick like an old-fashioned hand-made animal flesh (er... "ham") burger.  And, it's not as though they're not fresh either.

These cook up easily (saute over medium heat for approximately 2 minutes per side), hold together wonderfully, and are 2-die-4 delicious!  As a matter of fact, they're so huge that Tiffany and I share each burger.  We select a quality whole grain bun, add some Vegenaise, blue cheese and top it with fresh avocado.  Talk about scrumptious?

Tonight we'll each be eating half an Eat More Produce oat patty with some steamed veggies on the side.  Life simply cannot taste better my friend!

Hi-dee hi-dee I-will-stack-this-oat-patty-burger-against-any-of-your-animal-flesh-burgers-my-carnivore-friend ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment