Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Wrap Planet (In a Bowl)

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wrap Planet (In a Bowl)

NOTE:  It is with much regret (but many happy memories) that I must report that Wrap Planet is now out of business.

"I was at this restaurant.  The sign said "Breakfast Anytime."  So I ordered French Toast in the Renaissance."
 - Steven Wright

I bestow upon you my sincerest wishes that you have nothing short of an exceptional Tuesday!  Sorry... That's about as good as I can wish.

Since most of you don't know the madman behind the Chucky mask, please allow me to give you a wee bit of inner-working insight.  I've always said that if I could only select but a single person to sit at a bar to share a beer and conversation with, it would be either Gary Larson (retired cartoonist, The Far Side) or Steven Wright (comedian).  For those of you who do know me, this will probably not surprise you whatsoever!

"Huh?"  "What?"  "Oh, why am I presenting this post today?"  "For what matter or purpose has thouest scribbled?"  Well... Tiffany and I visited Wrap Planet twice this past week!  Remember... I still managed to lose 8 pounds.  This after visiting Wrap Planet twice, Green Day Cafe once, Subway five times, and Maitland Breakfast Club twice!  Was I worried about messing up the diet?  No I wasn't.  I shall not attempt a lifestyle change with too much sacrifice.  In the long term, I don't believe that I would be successful.  My "lifestyle change" (-aka- diet) has to accommodate and accept diversity.

Birdie Breakfast Bowl:  scrambled eggs, mashed potato, pinto beans,
salsa and cheese.  I added hot salsa and pesto.

Instead of the previous wrap selections, I now order it naked (sans tortilla) or opt for a salad.  I pass up the side of tortilla chips.  Once I have "earned" the right to do so, I will occasionally opt for a wrap.  I'm simply limiting the number of carbohydrate choices consumed within my meal selections.

So darn delicious that I ordered this on both visits this week!

Truthfully?  Yes I do miss the soft chewy texture of the soft flour tortilla shell.  However, by the same token, a wrap choice in a bowl (without the shell) is quite delicious, filling and satisfying!  Admittedly I surprised myself with the delight in consuming a bowl rather than wrap.

Southern Salad:  black beans, corn salsa, lettuce, chopped onions,
and avocado ranch dressing.  Hold the crunchy corn strips please.
Umm… what’s a salad without the tofu?

Wrap Planet is more than happy to make any wrap selection into a bowl or modify any selection to tailor it's taste to your own preference.  Substitutions are encouraged.  It's obvious that their only wish is to make you a satisfied customer and encourage you to return soon.  Wrap Planet is by no means a gigantic conglomerate corporation ramming their limited choices down your stomach.  

It's the type of dining establishment that makes your selection to order and doesn't own a heat lamp.  Sure... It may take a few minutes for them to prepare your order but this is no price to pay for quality, freshness, taste and value.  Want crappy 'n fast?  Wrap Planet isn't for you.

Oh... It's a happy day indeed when I can continue to visit Wrap Planet and keep my hard earned nickels working in our local economy.  I'm supporting a locally owned establishment and getting tasty, healthy and value in return.  Am I a lucky 4-foot plastic bubble headed man or what?

Hi-dee hi-dee simply-rethink-your-menu-selections-when-dining-out-ho my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment