Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Wine Tasting - Santa Rita 120 Carménère 2009

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wine Tasting - Santa Rita 120 Carménère 2009

Hello my fine friends!

Another wine tasting?  Are you kidding me?  What in the heck is going on here, you ask?  It's quite simple actually.  Tiffany and Chucky both love wine.

For those who do not appreciate vino, I sincerely extend my apologies.  For those who do, I sincerely hope that you find something within my blog worthy of your time.

Carménère grapes

Why a Carménère?  That was my first selection when Tiffany and I saw the 3 for $15.00 wine special at Eat More Produce.  When I saw that the wines are from Chile, I immediately chose the Carménère.  A grape varietal common to the Chilean vinicultural region.  When I think of Carménère, I think of South America.

Point Score A:  88
Point Score B:  88

2009 Santa Rita 120 Carmenere

Appellation:  Central Valley, Chile
Grape Varietal(s):  Carménère
Retail Price:  $5.00
Vintage:  2009
Producer:  Vina Santa Rita S.A.
Alcohol:  13.5%
Calories:  94 per 4-ounce

Tasting sheets as follows.
Review A
Review B

On the initial first sip, "Wow!"  Talk about a fruit-forward grape varietal.  The beautiful grape color as depicted in the photo above is truly reflected in the pour, the nose, and the sensations delivered by this wine to the palate.

Both Tiffany and I both rated this one the same.  Quite allot of similarities in our tasting reviews.  I changed my scoring after further review and consideration.  Subsequent sips dictated a higher rating for the balance of this wine.  It was a symphonious blossom of taste that occurred from the initial sip.  The angels of grape danced happily upon my taste buds.  A Balance rating of "3 - Nice" simply was too low.

If you love a big bold red with lots of dark chocolate cherry taste, this one is for you my friend!  No, it's not a value.  Instead it's a steal of a deal!  As sure as my dagger remains sharp, this is a wine you'd be a fool to overlook.

Hi-dee hi-dee Chilean-wines-are-a-true-value-ho my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment