Where have Chucky and Tiffany been you ask? At the opera! Today was the Metropolitan Opera's final season performance of Gaetano Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor. It was part of the MET Live in HD series. Only four more remaining for the 2010-2011 season. <See Chucky cry.>
|Natalie Dessay as Lucia in Donizetti's "Lucia di Lammermoor"|
Outstanding! Simply outstanding. Winner, winner, toi-toi-toi opera.
|Mr. Gaetano Donizetti (1797–1848)|
Mr. Donizetti receives my kudos for this masterpiece. As does The Metropolitan Opera. The music, the vocals, the synopsis, the sets, the costumes, the performers, and everything in between appeared beyond perfect to all of my senses. 3-hours 40-minutes of our lives very well spent!
The synopsis in a nutshell?
- Girl (Lucia) loves boy (Edgardo). Boy (Edgardo) loves girl (Lucia).
- To keep from going belly-up and to keep castle, brother (Enrico) wants sister (Lucia) to marry wealthy dude (Arturo).
- Brother (Enrico) no like poor boy (Edgardo).
- Bummer! Girl (Lucia) doesn't want wealthy dude (Arturo).
- Bummer! Brother (Enrico) finds poor boy (Edgardo) obstacle in getting sister (Lucia) to marry wealthy dude (Arturo).
- Bugger! Poor boy (Edgardo) has business trip and must go away for a little while.
- It's a deal! "You girl (Lucia) stay faithful and I, poor boy (Edgardo), shall do the same."
- Brother (Enrico) tricks poor sis (Lucia) with fake letter implying poor boy (Edgardo) not faithful.
- "O-M-G!", screams sis (Lucia). Heartbroken girl (Lucia) reluctantly marries wealthy dude (Arturo)
- Guess who returns after marriage ceremony?
- Wow ~ You're good. Poor boy (Edgardo) back.
- Poor boy (Edgardo) not happy camper and states so to married girl (Lucia). Poor boy (Edgardo) becomes heartbroken poor boy (Edgardo).
- Married girl (Lucia) becomes sad married girl (Lucia). Married girl (Lucia) say, "What the hey?"
- Yadda yadda yadda. You can see where this is going can't you. Hey! Look up at the picture above.
- That's blood on that wedding gown! Whose is it? Go watch the opera and find out yourself! It shall be well worth the trip when you do.
Hi-dee hi-dee do-not-miss-the-MET-Live-in-HD-ho my friends!