Ha! You saw yesterday's blog didn't you? What? You didn't! What's wrong with you? There is some really good stuff snuck in the crevices of my blogs. Live a little! Laugh a little! Waste just a little bit of you time on me, okay? Thanks, friend.
Yesterday I made my first batch of Tofu Bacon and shared with you. Why would I want the stuff? Is it because I absolutely love and miss bacon? Actually, I do like bacon but never ate much of it when I was a (ugh) carnivore. But, one thing that I truly do miss bacon for... the BLT (Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato) sandwich.
Man, you guys are quick! Yeah. This blog is about making a BLT using Tofu Bacon. What's that, you say? Yes. Perhaps my blog title gave it away?
- Bread - Any good quality bread. Grill or toast it. I grilled mine using a cast iron skillet.
- Vegenaise - I prefer the low-fat blend.
- Lettuce - Be generous my friend. It's not gonna bite.
- Tomato - Fresh, juicy, and screaming to be used.
- Tofu Bacon - 4 slices per sandwich.
- Fresh ground pepper.
- Sprinkle of sea salt.
|Oops! I missed a piece of tofu bacon.|
|Now we're getting somewhere!|
|Nutrition for one sandwich|