Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Tofu BLT

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Tofu BLT

Ha!  You saw yesterday's blog didn't you?  What?  You didn't!  What's wrong with you?  There is some really good stuff snuck in the crevices of my blogs.  Live a little!  Laugh a little!  Waste just a little bit of you time on me, okay?  Thanks, friend.

Yesterday I made my first batch of Tofu Bacon and shared with you.  Why would I want the stuff?  Is it because I absolutely love and miss bacon?  Actually, I do like bacon but never ate much of it when I was a (ugh) carnivore.  But, one thing that I truly do miss bacon for... the BLT (Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato) sandwich.

Man, you guys are quick!  Yeah.  This blog is about making a BLT using Tofu Bacon.  What's that, you say?  Yes.  Perhaps my blog title gave it away?

Ingredients


Ingredients:

  • Bread - Any good quality bread.  Grill or toast it.  I grilled mine using a cast iron skillet.
  • Vegenaise - I prefer the low-fat blend.
  • Lettuce - Be generous my friend.  It's not gonna bite.
  • Tomato - Fresh, juicy, and screaming to be used.
  • Tofu Bacon - 4 slices per sandwich.
  • Fresh ground pepper.
  • Sprinkle of sea salt.
Oops!  I missed a piece of tofu bacon.
Now we're getting somewhere!
It's nutritional, yummy and calorie friendly.  Remember, I simply use Pam or nothing at all when grilling my bread.  The calories pretty much originate from the bread, vegenaise, and tofu bacon.

Nutrition for one sandwich
Hi-dee hi-dee delicious sandwich-ho my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment