Hi everyone! Let's keep this short 'n simple today, okay?
It's day #47 of my life as a vegetarian. What am I able to share with you at this point? Actually folks, it isn't too much at this particular time. In the Vegetarian Land of my mind, I truly expected tremendously wonderful things by now. Something beyond achievement perhaps? Probably. But, here's what I can say beyond a doubt:
- I cannot see Russia from my front porch. I can't even see Cuba from here in Florida!
- It was not difficult giving up meat. Of course, I never really much of a red meat eater to begin with.
- Everything that I now consume is phenomenally better tasting. I suspect that this may be a result of the body's detoxification process.
- Vegetarianism is not a "magic pill" for immediate weight loss. I still must closely monitor calories.
- I'm trying and tasting foods that I probably would not have otherwise tried. I have enjoyed some absolutely delicious dishes.
- Vegans and vegetarians are all very nice friendly people. Everywhere I go, staff and people in the health market and vegan/vegetarian restaurants are so polite. They bend over backwards to share their knowledge and lend a guiding hand.
- There is a whole heck of a lot of science behind vegetarianism. Who knew what enzymes were or what they did for the human body before October 1st?
- I may never learn to chew properly but I keep trying. Chewing your food 30 or more times before swallowing serves several purposes: releases hidden desired enzymes inside whole (non-chewed) food particles, converts starches into digestible sugars by use of salivation, and allows the body's chemistry to more quickly announce to the brain, "We're done. We're full now."
- I am shocked with the abundant use of growth hormones, antibiotics, and such fed to our meat source. Thereby, passed along to the meat-eater. But on a good note... our government (FDA, USDA, etc.) will protect us! Won't it?
- There are no "animals". There are only "non-human animals".
In summary, I have absolutely no regret for making our change. Mentally and within my infrastructure, I've never felt better! I anticipate these feelings to grow and grow and grow.
Hi-dee hi-dee progress towards health-ho my friends!