Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: First Vegetarian Thanksgiving Review

Saturday, November 27, 2010

First Vegetarian Thanksgiving Review

Hi everyone!  I hope that each and everyone of you were able to celebrate Thanksgiving with family, friends, and loved ones.  May it have provided a solace of peace and may you have found reason for giving thanks to anything heartfelt and true.

Well... Tiffany and my first vegetarian Thanksgiving is behind us and how did it go?  To be truthful, it was a delicious and pleasant as with any Thanksgiving celebration past.  

No, neither Tiffany nor I felt deprived of anything from the Thanksgiving table nor did our carnivore family members feel intimidated by our healthy lifestyle choice.  Everyone had a wonderful time and I even succeeded in my in-laws trying a small piece of Quorn turk'y roast.  Both of them thought it delicious and very much a true turkey texture.  No, we're not going to get them to convert but I truly appreciated their tasting the sample that had been offered.

Give it time.  When they see the change in weight, color in cheeks, and energy in limbs; they may contemplate making a change themselves?  Oh yes, my father-in-law was impressed with fresh homemade almond milk for his cereal as way mother-in-law by the morning veggie (kale, collard green, spinach, and banana) smoothie.

Everything was delicious, nutritious, and filling.  Like all Thanksgivings of my past, I found myself sitting in front of the television watching football and asking myself, "Why did you eat that much Chucky?"

"If anything, what was missing from your first vegetarian Thanksgiving, Chucky?"  I can think of only one thing that would be largely missing from the table had we not shared it with our carnivore family members.  That is the non-human animal turkey itself.  Had we only the Quorn turk'y roast on the table, the shape of the real turkey would be lacking.  But, I cannot speak for you but I don't eat shape.

Hi-dee hi-dee have a wonderful day-ho to one and all!

1 comment:

  1. I could totally become a vegetarian even on Thanksgiving, about 90% of my plate consists of veggies anyway, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes those are things I crave from Thanksgiving dinner not the bird :)

    ReplyDelete