Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Eggs Florentine Pizza

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Eggs Florentine Pizza

"Pizza is a lot like sex.  When it's good, it's really good.  When it's bad, it's still pretty good."
 - Author Unknown

Tiffany and I enjoyed a most delicious breakfast pizza the other night.  Yes, that's right.  A breakfast pizza for dinner.  But ~ I'm sorry that I can't share the recipe.  It's not mine.  Tiffany found the recipe on page 178 of the May 2011 issue of Shape magazine (US).  If it helps you find it at the library or in your archives, it's the issue with Jillian Michaels wearing a white bikini on the cover.  NO, not that I noticed the cover.  Er... I was told she's on the cover.  Yeah... That's the ticket!

Eggs Florentine Pizza with Reduced-Fat "Hollandaise" Sauce

I can't share the recipe but was able to find it online. I found it on someone's blog that copied the recipe word-for-word.  The site even used the same photograph from the Shape magazine article!  I have decided not give you the URL link in case its egregious copyright infringement.  Two bad's do not make a right.  I have e-mailed the recipe author requesting permission to share but did not hear back from him.

I suppose I can share the basic ingredients that I used:  baby spinach, garlic, ginger, mozzarella, and eggs.  It's accompanied by a sour cream based "hollandaise" sauce.  But, I can share my photographs and assure you that finding a copy of the magazine will be worth the effort.

Chives lay aside "pre-egg" pizza

Chef Theo Kalogeracos created the recipe but Google searches did not link me to a copy of the recipe.  Sorry... But, I did try.

Tiffany and I immediately fell in love at first bite.  The combination of flavors is nothing short of incredible.  Hey!  If you can't find the exact recipe, perhaps my pictures will allow you to "wing it"?  After all, pizza recipes aren't really that complex except perhaps for the crust.  I used Kronos-brand whole grain pita bread as the basis for my pizza.

Ready to slice and add hollandaise sauce

Enjoy the pictures and allow your mind to experience a taste on me.  Bon appétit.

Hi-dee hi-dee gawd-is-this-a-delicious-pizza-ho my friend!

Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment