Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Bad, Bad News to Share with You

Friday, June 17, 2011

Bad, Bad News to Share with You

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them."
 - Galileo Galilei

It is with sadness that I share this blog post with you today.

My better half Tiffany makes the cover!

I have to be honest with you.  I consumed animal flesh last night for dinner!  Give me some credit because I made it two-hundred fifty-eight days without doing so (to the best of my knowledge).  Until last night my only waiver was the occasional meat-based broth where vegetarian options were not available.

Has Chucky given up on his vegetarian experiment?  Have I rejoined the ranks of the animal flesh consuming carnivores?  Is the weekend about to be packed full of BBQ ribs, pork roast, lamb shank, hamburger, fish filet, fried chicken and bacon?  What about Tiffany?  Has she waiver from the path of vegetarian righteousness?  Have I pried my Veg emblem from the family chariot?  So many questions and such a little blog to answer them all.

Okay... here's the scoop.  I went out to eat last night and ordered a chicken dish.  However, I asked to substitute hummus for chicken.  They delivered it to my table and I initially thought it might include chicken.  "No.  That's crumbled blue cheese I am seeing.  That's not chicken." I said to myself.

Guess what?  It was pieces of chicken (white meat) in my dish!  "O-M-G!  I just took a bite of chicken, Tiffany!"  "Are you sure?"  "Yes.  I remember what that animal flesh tastes like and this isn't hummus."

Was I furious?  Did I get upset?  No.  It was nothing more than an honest mistake and they were sincere in their apologies when I returned the plate to be fixed.  Which restaurant was it?  That's not relevant because it was nothing more than a mistake.  This establishment goes over and beyond to populate their menu with healthy non-animal flesh meal choices (hint?).

So, if I had to venture a guess I would say that I might have consumed about 1/8 ounce of white chicken flesh, if even that much.  One bite and my conscious quickly identified the foreign substance upon my palate.  I impressed even myself.  Amongst the sauces and vegetables of my meal I was able to distinguish that animal flesh.

Am I allergic to animal flesh?  No.  Am I able to devour animal flesh like a ravenous carnivore?  Yes.  I simply have improved my lifestyle such that I no longer desire or want it.  I certainly feel healthier these past 258 days and am certain that my body appreciates the change.

So the moral of this story?  The purpose of my blog entry?  To be perfectly honest, I simply did not have anything to write and this seemed like an amusing entry.

The picture above?  Remember that Shape magazine that I said had Jillian Michaels on the cover?  Well... Guess what?  I was wrong.  How could I be so wrong?  It was my beautiful wife and vegetarian partner Tiffany who made the cover!  One day Tiffany shall surprise you and post an entry on this blog.  She does exist.  She does, I tell you.  Tiffany... I love you!

Hi-dee hi-dee don't-let-the-little-mistakes-in-life-upset-you-ho my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment