Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Product Review - Moophrey Vegan-Vegetarian Burgers

Friday, July 15, 2011

Product Review - Moophrey Vegan-Vegetarian Burgers

"A vegetarian is anybody who will not eat anything that can have children."
- David Brenner

A plate of my finest salutations to everyone!  Remember... each passing day is but a single allotment of time which you are afforded on the planet.  Why wouldn't you want to make the very best of it?

Moophrey burger in whole wheat pita with cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle & guacamole.

Today I ate my first Moophrey burger.  I've probably eaten anywhere from half dozen or so pre-packaged "veggie burger" varieties since becoming a non-carnivore convert.  Guess what?  I can't fathom finding a more realistic one than the Moophrey Vegan- Vegetarian Burger from Food of Life.  From the same fine folks that brought Ezekiel sprouted breads into our lives!

The looks, the smell, the taste and the texture all get 5 out of 5 carrots (stars) in my book.  Tiffany and I are in agreement with this burger.  I would love to find a better pre-packaged burger but believe that I will not be able to do so. 

INGREDIENTS:  Filtered Water, Organic Soy Flour, Textured Wheat Gluten, Wheat Gluten, Contains Less Than 2% Of Konjac Flour, Carrageenan, Organic Soy Fiber, Safflower Oil, Wheat Starch, Natural Flavors (Non Meat), Yeast Extract, Onion Powder, Sea Salt, Evaporated Cane Juice, Garlic Powder, Malt Extract, Carob Powder, Sage, Ginger, Sweet Basil

If you were to serve these from the grill to your carnivorous friends & family, I don't think that they would be the wiser.  Of course, I have two caveats in saying this.  The first being that you've hidden the bright orange box from sight.  And the second being that you actually associate and socialize with carnivores!  Of course, I'm kidding.  I don't dislike carnivores, it's simply that they smell funny.  I used to be one.  I used to be one of those human beings who sometimes held bits of animal flesh between his teeth.

Now that I have discovered Moophrey burgers, I'm in a quandary.  I've fallen in love with discovering and making my very own fresh homemade veggie burgers but now have the added dilemma of craving these little tasty goomers.  Oh well ~  I suppose there are lesser problems in my life.  <hehe>

Hi-dee hi-dee try-a-Moophrey-burger-today-ho my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment