Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Mmm... Vegetarian Leftovers

Friday, May 13, 2011

Mmm... Vegetarian Leftovers

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
 - Albert Einstein

Hello on this mighty fine day my friends!

A simple and quick post today.  What to do with vegetarian leftovers?  "I know.  I know.  Dumb question, Charles."  But when I sat down to eat vegetarian left-overs last night I thought to myself how simply scrumptious it was and so easy to toss together.


Almond milk, salad, and leftovers

Probably more so than a traditional carnivorous left-over meal, the vegetarian version is typically more flavorful.  Because most vegetarian dishes rely heavily on spices and herbs, the time spent in the refrigerator (or freezer) can but only enhance the melding of tastes.  At least, in my case it appeared to do so.

The other day Tiffany and I went through and did a "freezer audit".  As "Total Home Cleanup" wasn't going to knock on my front door and offer to do so for a televised episode, Tiffany and I had to see just what in the heck was lurking between those freezer walls.  A "vegetarian left-over treasure hunt", if you may.

We found lots of stuff.  Stuff we knew was in there and a surprising amount of stuff we had forgotten to be in there.  All of it frozen buried treasure with the exception of the "what the heck is this stuff" item.  Those were immediately tossed.  Our rule-of-thumb being, if we can't readily identify it we certainly don't want to eat it!


Nut Roll, Slow Cooker Lentil Pasta Sauce, capers, and mozzarella

We found one Nut Roll that screamed to be re-heated and eaten.  Luckily, there was some very recent Slow Cooker Lentil Pasta Sauce in the fridge.  Top it with a few capers and some fresh mozzarella and we had a most delicious left-over dinner.

Wish you could have joined us but:  (a) we didn't have enough to share and (b) if we did have enough to share, I wouldn't!  So my friends... open that freezer door, be daring, and dig in!  There are hidden treasures buried deep within those blocks and chunks of ice!

Hi-dee hi-dee no-you-can't-have-any-of-my-leftovers-ho my friend!  Grrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment