Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: One More Day Before Life Begins

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

One More Day Before Life Begins

"I'm not getting older.  Everyone around me happens to be getting younger?"

Greetings and best wishes to each and everyone!

First and foremost, I dedicate this portion of my blog post to our dear departed friend Lani. She passed away this morning as measured by the heartbeat but she will never truly depart our warmest thoughts and happiest memories.  I cannot say exactly where she is at this moment.  I just envision her hugging lots of dogs, cats and other animals with the expression of ecstasy marked upon her face.  You tell me, where do really good people go?  There you shall find my good friend Lani.

Guess what my friends?  This time tomorrow night I shall have concluded my 10-year career with my current employer.  I have been so desperately wanting to get out and move onto somewhere that me and my talents are appreciated.  I so yearn to cure this condition that I call "brain rot".

I feel as though I am leaving kindergarten.  I will admit that I love what I do for a living, I love my customers and I love my peers.  I only dislike my management chain.  I simply haven't any respect left to offer them (different blog post for another day).  However, I am proud to say that I have done nothing less than give 110% every single day and never shall my customers receive less.  They truly butter the bread which makes my living.

On Monday I move onto a different employer.  An employer where I have been instructed to refrain from using the term "employee".  Everyone is instead "family".  No such thing as a "corporate office".  Instead it's a "home office".

They're paying me more than I ever could have imagined and far more than I had hoped for.  They're giving me a benefits package to make anyone envious.  I gladly move on with my life and finally am back to a career where my actions and skills can be appreciated.

I'm not asking much.  I simply ask mutual respect.  That's not much is it?  Trust me my friend, not every job automatically comes with fairness and respect.  Me?  I would be happy digging ditches, mowing lawns, or just about anything else as long as I am treated fairly.  Me?  I'd rather be poor and happy than rich and miserable.

When I walk into that door on Monday morning, I shall have finally arrive home!  I shall not look back nor dwell on the past.

Hi-dee hi-dee more-blog-posts-as-things-progress-ho my friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment