Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: What I Ate on my Sunday Vacation

Monday, April 11, 2011

What I Ate on my Sunday Vacation

Hello everyone!

I don't really have much to blog about right now.  But I thought that I would share the healthy approach which Tiffany & I took when we shared a bottle of wine yesterday.  No.  No wine tasting blog this time.  We re-visited a wine previously blogged (2006 Vacceos Verdejo-Viura).

Summer is nearing us here in Central Florida.  It reached the mid- to upper- 80-degree mark yesterday afternoon.  However, Tiffany and I are fortunate enough to have lots of trees in the back yard and can enjoy a covered back porch.  We turned on a fan, uncorked the delicious white wine, hooked up the Roku to my 9" portable TV to stream a movie on the the back porch, and enjoyed some healthy snacks.

"And what pray tell did Chucky and Tiffany indulge?", you ask.  We enjoyed a small plethora of fine delectables which included:
  • slices of whole wheat naan bread
  • raw snap peas
  • baby carrots
  • sliced banana peppers
  • sliced seedless cucumber
  • Greek peppers (pepperoncini)
  • hummus
  • guacamole
  • salsa
  • tabouli
The relaxing afternoon turned into a most filling and tasty smorgasbord event.  When dinner time rolled around, we were not very hungry.  We settled on left-overs of homemade whole wheat Indian tortillas with Indian coconut green beans

All in all, we experienced a most relaxing and healthy afternoon.  Oh yeah ~ The Seed loves these leisurely Sunday afternoons.  She has the opportunity to chow down on bonus carrot and cucumber.

Hi-dee hi-dee have-yourself-a-Sunday-vacation-ho my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment