The other morning Tiffany and I looked dumbfounded at one another to synchronously ask, "What are we going to do for lunch today?" We were readying for work and time is a precious commodity.
Guess what? Yet one more time that amazing little candle lit itself in that plastic bubble head of mine. "I've got it! How about an egg scramble for lunch?" Tiffany warned, "There isn't much time Chucky. Sure you want to cook some up?"
|Grab 'n Go Egg Scramble Wraps|
"No, Tiffany. I'll make us a couple of To Go kits. We can use the microwave at our offices and make them on the spot." "Huh?" I think that I may have baffled Tiffany. This is something that I simply don't do very often.
|Ingredients: green onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, tomato, potato and egg|
Here's the premise of my brilliant ideal. Take some previously frozen veggies, chop some fresh veggies, crumble some frozen hash potato, add a dash of pepper, and toss in a whole egg. Place the entire kit and kaboodle into a microwaveable dish. Place a couple of tortilla shells into a ziploc bag. When lunch rolls around, crack the egg and microwave the meal. Spread it on warmed tortillas and add some hot sauce. It's lunch time!
|Ready to go. Time to put it into the lunch bucket.|
- Bell pepper, diced
- Jalapeno pepper, chopped
- Tomato, diced
- Hash brown potato patty, crumbled
- Green onion, diced
- Egg, whole
|Scramble cooked and tortillas heated.|
- Crack egg over ingredients, cover and microwave for approximately 90-seconds on high. Look for egg just beginning to cook.
- Remove from microwave, stir well, cover, and return to microwave.
- Cook an additional 90-seconds on high until egg becomes fluffy and done.
- Spoon onto tortilla shells.
- Spoon Sambal Oelek (Chinese ground pepper sauce), sprinkle hot sauce, or pour on the Sriracha (Thai hot sauce) and enjoy!
- Use broccoli, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, or just about anything convenient in the fridge or freezer.
- Exclude egg if you want to go vegan. You could substitute crumbled tofu and nutritional yeast flakes in place of egg.
- Exclude tortilla shell for scramble bowl to cut down on calories.
- Substitute corn tortilla for flour tortilla.
This simple quick-to-prepare lunch has been absolutely wonderful this Christmas holiday week. Tiffany and I have enjoyed it two days in a row so far. Absolutely delicious and relatively healthy (but watch the tortilla calories).
Hi-dee hi-dee it-does-not-have-to-be-elaborate-to-be-tasty-ho my friends!