Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Dining Disasters & Deceptions - Part 4

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dining Disasters & Deceptions - Part 4

"Did you ever notice they never take any fat hostages?  You never see a guy coming out of Lebanon going:  I was held hostage for seven months and I lost 175 pounds, I feel good and I look good and I learned self-discipline.  That's the important thing."

Warmest wishes to you this fine day!  May the bluebirds of happiness lay an egg upon your head.

Yes.  It's finally Part 4.  The finale to my dining tirade.  ("Thank goodness!")  The part where I become calm and complacent to discuss those dining establishments who have provided nothing short of pleasant experiences and fondest memories.

Where are these places?  Actually, I am happy to report that they are too numerous to name them all.  Parts 1 through 3 of this blog represent rare and single-case instances where something simply went wrong.  Not to the extent where I shall withdrawal my patronage but, rather, to the extent I shall frequent them somewhat less often. 

Let's face it.  It's quite competitive out there and why lay down your hard-earned dollars when so many wonderful establishments are more than willing to offer product and service worthy of these monies?  This is the tough part as I don't wish to leave off anyone who has done Tiffany & I so right.

The gems who consistently retain my favor?  Wrap Planet, Green Day Cafe, Siam Restaurant, Maitland Breakfast Club, SEA Thai, The Loving Hut, Orchid (Thai) Restaurant, The Drunken Monkey, Ethos Vegan Kitchen and so many others.  These establishments continue to shine in their service, their menu selections, ambiance, staff and value.

On a good note Tiffany and I re-visited Lime Mexican Grill yesterday afternoon and experienced nothing short of a wonderful time.  Naturally, we abstained from ordering vegetarian tacos with grilled onion & pepper.

Neither Tiffany nor I are vindictive folks.  We're just particular with our expectations.  Treat us like we would like to treat you and everyone comes out a winner.  No sneaky tricks, no hidden expectations and no surprises.  Treat us fairly and up-front and we shall continue to patronize your establishment.  We understand that everyone is experiencing some very rough economic times.  Good service and good food does not come free.  

To our friends at our favorite restaurants, "Thank You" for a wonderful 2011 and we shall look forward to the same in 2012!  Keep the healthy, delicious and wonderful food coming and we'll be there!

Hi-dee hi-dee frequent-those-dining-gems-to-keep-the-business-afloat-ho my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment