Subscribe to Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian by Email Subscribe in a reader Chucky - The Fat Vegetarian: Happy Earth Day 2012

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Earth Day 2012

"You can fool me once.  You can fool me twice.  Okay, you can perhaps get me a third time too.  Oh no!  Not again!  You fooled me a fourth time.  Hey ~ five times is too many, okay?"

May this wonderful day bring you eco- and green- blessings.  May your footprint become lighter on this spectacular planet of ours, beginning today.

Ugh!  Tiffany and Chucky missed the Central Florida Earth Day festivities down at Lake Eola Park in Orlando yesterday.  It would have been our third annual trek but we were unable to partake.  So... what did we do instead that was so darned important?  I'm glad that you have asked.

Panera Steak & White Cheddar Panini sandwich

Panera's Introduction to the World

Well... after buying two Steak & White Cheddar Panini sandwiches from Panera Bread, we headed back to our local Honda dealer to purchase a 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid!  We traded in a 12-year old Mercury for this new automobile.  From 18/26 MPG (city/highway) to 44/44 MPG, I'd say that it was a very nice way to celebrate Earth Day 2012, wouldn't you?

2012 Honda Civic Hybrid

I begin a new job a week from tomorrow and honestly believe that this may be the last job that I ever have.  I truly hope to retire from the new company.  I haven't even began working for the new company but they have treated me nothing short of spectacular so far.  From pay to benefits to lots of intangibles, it's that dream job that I could only wish for.

But...  There's always a but isn't there?  It's almost 25-miles across town one-way.  And from where I call home to where the new job is located, there are no direct crosstown routes.  Luckily, there are many ways to get to the new job but it's over and down or it's down and over.  No matter how I travel abet a single undesired route, lots of traffic and lots of red lights.

Lucky for Chucky (hey... that rhymes), I'm no last minute employee.  I always arrive early and I always arrive calm and refreshed raring to go.  This new job shall be no different.  I'll just leave in the dead of morning and arrive home having to deal with lots of bumper-to-bumper traffic along the way.  This will simply become part of my new but wonderful life.

From what I have been reading I might expect around 40 to 41 real-life MPG but that's not bad.  Along the path to and from work I'll breathe well knowing that it's a tree hugger's automobile.  A truly green choice and no leather interior!  A dream car for a dream job wouldn't you say?

Oh?  The two animal flesh panini sandwiches?  After we negotiated our vehicle but before we decided, Tiffany and I went to lunch (vegetarian, naturally).  We promised the Honda salesman and his manager that we'd grab lunch for them.  Guess what?  We purchased our new vehicle from carnivores, wouldn't you know.

Hi-dee hi-dee it's-a-great-feeling-to-be-going-green-ho my friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment